Friday, May 18, 2007

Lullaby For Baby That Doesn't Tire Out Dad

About three for four months ago a friend of mine gave me a CD called "Rockabye Baby! Lullaby Renditions of Led Zeppelin". I confess that I am a bit of a snob when it comes to music. I can't stand Rap, Country, or Bubblegum Pop. I fear I am going to have a hard time with the kid music my son will inevitably receive. In the meantime I have been playing classical music for him and for the past for months he goes to sleep to the wonderful sound of Zeppelin.

When he wakes in the night, Mom often will turn the music back on to help sooth him to sleep. We still keep the monitor on in his room, which means that I too sleep to Zeppelin and I have yet to tire of it. Whoever thought about combining lullabies and rock was a genius.

My hope is that when Baby Boy is in his teens he will have a healthy appreciation for Rock and we will always have something to talk about.

Unfortunately, Big Sis is into rap and R&B. I just can't get into music that requires back-up dancers to make it interesting. Yes, there are a few gems that I can tolerate, but dude where's the guitar?

No comments: