Thursday, May 31, 2007

Off To Day Care



It's hard to believe that Baby Boy is going to be in day care. For the first year of his life he has been at home with Mom during the day. But, Mom started a new job this week and for the time being Baby Boy has to go to the center. He handled it like a champ, much better than I did.

Mom and I have struggled to make ends meet, so that he could have a stay at home parent. Mom and both agree that the best thing we can give Baby Boy is a parent at home. But, Mom is ready to return to the work world.

Despite the recession here in Michigan, Mom found a job fairly quick and she is excited to be back in the adult world. We are hoping that Baby Boy's ventures into the world of day care is only a short trip and I will soon be able to be the stay at home parent. We can't do it at the moment because all of our benefits are wrapped up in my job. But soon I may have much more hands on experience in the world of parenting. Being a stay at home dad may be a little non-traditional, but look at the little guy, how could I pass up an opportunity to watch him grow and learn full time?

No comments: